Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nurturing Creativity In Children

I was one of the lucky ones who grew up thinking of education and learning as fun and interesting. 

My folks made sure of that by lovingly nurturing me years before I began my formal education. 

They were never the type to push flash cards in front of my face to try to turn me into a little genius. 

Instead, I was always allowed to be a kid--but a kid whose mom and dad observed her pet areas of interest and encouraged them. 

We found people in society who were on the same page with us--and others who definitely were NOT. 

That last group was known to make trouble for me. 

However, I ended up coming out the winner in the long run. 

I'm 60 now and still learning something new on a regular basis!

Ainsley Jo Phillips 
February 3, 2013