Monday, February 4, 2013

My Sexual Orientation (In Response To An Article About Outing Celebrities And Others)

Believe it or not, there have been some people who have wondered if I were gay, so here's my answer...

I'm someone who is living an alternative lifestyle in more than one way, but being a lesbian (or, even a bisexual) isn't one of them.

Some of my alternative lifestyles are: being left-handed, being an only child, still single at 60, still a virgin at 60, (Note: I'm not a nun and I also do have normal sexual feelings--just not wishing to get married at this time.) still have not reached menopause at 60, still have my tonsils, didn't get wisdom teeth extracted until I was in my 30s, and there are plenty of other ways I'm part of an alternative lifestyle as well.

Just not gay.

However, if you're gay, I'm in your corner when it comes to how you deserve to be treated with respect, and I have also come to the conclusion that you have the right to get married (have your marriage recognized as a marriage in any state), if you and your chosen partner are both consenting adult humans.



Ainsley Jo Phillips 
February 4, 2013