Monday, January 28, 2013

In Response To Susan Boyle's Desire To Start Dating

"Of course I'd like that special someone in my life, but I'm not going to let a man define me. I've done pretty well over the past 51 years without one but it would be nice."
 Susan Boyle 


I hear ya, Susan!!!

This past December 12, I turned 60 and am doing quite well without a man in my life at this time.

Of course, I've had boyfriends--and even came close to getting married on a few occasions--but I've never had a husband.

At this time, I'm not even in the market for a husband or boyfriend, as I'm pretty much married to my career along with dealing with some health issues. 

When it comes to romance these days, I'm more of a spectator and a matchmaker/encourager for/of others.

At one time, I thought I'd be married with children by or before the time I turned 30 along with having the additional careers of teacher, writer, and activist.

Things turned out differently, however--and, I now believe, for the best.

While I don't have any specific physical traits (other than taking pride in his appearance) in mind for my future husband (should I end up with one), you and I share the same desires when it comes to what's inside.


Since you now feel ready to go this route in your life, I wish you the best in finding that special someone and will keep you in my prayers, love, and positive thoughts.

Even if it doesn't happen, however, please don't lose your beautiful sense-of-self because you're a precious treasure with or without a man!!!


Ainsley Jo Phillips
January 19, 2013